Search

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's February!

My goodness, here we are into February already. It's like I blinked and January was over! I can officially say that the start of the new year has been equal parts exciting, weird, and fun. I've been praying consistently for god to show me the things I need to see and to direct me on which path I should be taking. At times, I feel like I've heard him clearly and then there are the moments where things just seem blurry. The most important thing is that I am doing my best to hold on to my convictions and to be aware of the things that are best for me. I have worked too hard in these past months to "lose" any of the lessons I've learned so, again, the start of 2010 has been an adventure for me. Hmmm, how ironic that one of my resolutions this year was to have more adventure in my life. Ha! I guess that's definitely the case. :P

This week has been particularly great. Tom came back in town for another visit and extended his trip for a few days which really made me smile. Above that however, I got some cooking in (a delicious homemade mushroom sauce served over baked chicken), fun times out with friends, annnnnnd I bought a new guitar! I've been wanting to for some time and, luckily, I had a little extra "me" money saved that I wasn't sure what I'd do with. I mentioned before that the lack of cooking I've done recently has affected me a bit but I've also known for a while that I've wanted to pick the guitar back up and get to playing again. I took two years of lessons and it's a shame that I ever put the guitar down in the first place. It's really like starting at square one again but I know it'll come back to me if I commit some time each night to play.

Anyway, after church on Sunday, we headed downtown to check out Ludlow Guitars and the guys there are just awesome. They've got a wide range of selection and the folks are super knowledgeable. There wasn't that arrogant feel to the shop that so many boutique guitar places have which was so great. For example, while slightly embarrassed, I still felt comfortable saying I completely don't remember how to play that when the guy sat me down and said ok, strum an E chord. Ha! Anyway, I gave him a price range, he went $200 lower which was so very cool of him, and I walked out the door with my new Walden. I am so happy. Now, it's up to me to put in the time and effort to re-gain what I've lost over the past couple of years. At least step one is outta the way though, weeee!

Now, I'm just looking forward to a weekend full of food and friends. I have brunch in Brooklyn on Saturday, my fun run on Sunday morning, and lots of homemade goodness waiting to be cooked for Superbowl Sunday evening. Before all the weekend fun, I'll be checking out the Tim Burton exhibit at the MoMA this evening and I seriously cannot wait! I love his eccentric visionary mind; should be awesome stuff. So, overall, I think this first week in February is shaping up to be just super. :)

1 comment:

Dan said...

The first two years I started learning guitar...I wanted to quit every day, 'cause it just seemed so freakin' impossible to master. Sixteen years later, I'm still not very good, but I'm more confident about my lack of skill.

I say all to say, jump back in and stick to it! You'll be glad you did!