Search

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Saints Went STOMPING In

The Superbowl is one of those events that completely fascinates me in terms of the following it has. Of course, I feel similar about football overall (or really any pro sporting event) but the Superbowl is one day out of the year where I really believe there is commonality amongst every American across the country. It may seem silly to some people but, to me, it's such an exciting day. This year, the Saints did NOT disappoint, that's for sure.

Let me back up though because I actually had a tremendous weekend outside of Superbowl Sunday, too. Friday evening, I wanted to be low key so I kept Allison company while she baked. I've said this before and will say it again - I am not a baker. Unless I'm making muffins where I mix batter and dump it in a pan, you won't find me baking often. So, it's fun to just chit chat while someone else does it.

Saturday, my friend had me over for brunch at his beautiful Park Slope apartment. Since he's bragged on the delicious french toast he makes, I gladly made the trek out. He did not disappoint, might I say. ;) Brunch was fantastic and we sat around after just talking and laughing. It was such a good afternoon spent in my old stomping grounds. Of course, I had to walk by my old apartment which made me so badly want to go in and see what it looks like now after ten years. Wow, I can actually say it's been ten years since I lived there, sheesh. At any rate, I left Park Slope smiling that afternoon. :)

Come Sunday, I did not end up doing the run I'd registered for. It was 17 degrees when I got up that morning (nine degrees colder than the 15K when I thought I would literally die!) and I just did not see the point in freezing to death for 4 short miles. So, I ran them on the treadmill instead and went straight to cooking food for Superbowl. I don't mean to brag buuuuut I made the most delicious homemade macaroni and cheese and it even blew ME away, which is tough to do since I'm my own worst critic. In addition, I did 7-layer dip and spinach dip, all of which was mouth watering:


Yeah, there were veggies there too that I ate next to none of. Anyway, the game was awesome and the Saints won their first Superbowl in franchise history which was just so exciting to see. I'm glad I got to be a part of watching that. Sadly, this means football season is officially over yet again but that sure doesn't mean I won't have wings and beer on lazy Sunday afternoons!

Another good weekend for the books. I'm liking 2010! ;)

1 comment:

Allie A said...

So you left half a pan of mac-n-cheese at my house and two days later, well, let's just say there's isn't half a pan left any more...