Search

Monday, November 15, 2010

Old and New Friends

This past weekend was so much fun. I know, I say that a lot, but anytime I get to visit with an old friend automatically makes a weekend better. On Friday, my friend, Mike, came in town briefly and I was quite excited to get an old crew of people together after far too long.

I met Mike in 2007 at KBC which was my first job here in the city. We instantly became friends! He entered into a great group of people that remain some of my closest friends here which is so special. Over time at KBC, I somehow became the one in charge of organizing get-togethers for everyone and, before you knew it, we were all doing something together at least once a week. I love those memories and thinking back on my time at KBC brings such a smile to my face. True to form, when I found out Mike was coming in town, I organized a happy hour and decided to include my present work colleagues, too! I wasn't sure how the groups would mix but I know just how much fun I always have with my old crew so I figured we'd have a great time. Annnd...we did!

We decided to check out Traffic Bar for the first time and it was a cool space. They have a great happy hour and we actually had our own private room, not on purpose. I haven't seen Mike in a year and a half so it was wonderful finally having him back in the city:
Yep, we match. :P It was funny for me to bring my two work groups together. It was actually so great re-living memories and sharing stories from the past with my present co-workers. We laughed, caught up, and had a super fun Friday night together:
From old friends...
to new friends...
what a fun Friday night:

No comments: