Search

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Early (Weekday!) Bike Ride

I'm feeling awesome this morning! Today was the first time I've done an early bike ride during the week before work and, lemme tell you, it was terrific. I was a little on the fence about it because I've never been a good "worker-outer" in the morning. I've tried off and on over the years to go running or hit the gym early before work and I've just never been productive. Being that I feel strong on the bike, I figured there's no time like the present to hit the road early and see how I do!

Getting going at 5:30am is tough no matter what you're doing, so my first couple of miles this morning were sluggish. However, I warmed up and ended up having a great ride! I watched the pretty sunrise as I came around the park and I really enjoyed the jump-start to my day. I know it'll take a little time to get adjusted to an early morning routine, but I already know the change would be something I'd love. I really want my evenings free these days too so this could be a nice solution. :) Plus, a daily bike ride before work will help with my speed as well since I'd be sort of pressed for time.

Looks like a win-win all around! Man, sometimes change really can be awesome.

No comments: