Search

Monday, May 24, 2010

The BEST Weekend!

I've had a lot of hilarious and incredibly fun weekends since living in New York, but this past weekend takes the cake. First and foremost though, the half marathon was AWESOME. Team Bevetori united at the start and all of us were ready and excited to get the race underway:
It was definitely a special moment for Allison and I as well since this was our second half marathon each, both begun with one another:
I finished the race in 2:04 which beat my St. Louis half time by 13 minutes! I was really proud of myself and elated that I felt so strong the whole race. It certainly sparked hope of me doing a full marathon in time and that really encouraged me. I was honestly more proud of Allison than anything though as she finished in 2:20 after running with pain in her knees the whole time. I was absolutely thrilled for her that she made it through and did so well. There is no better feeling in the world than an accomplishment like this that you work so hard for:
After the race, it was most definitely time for celebratory beers. I completely forgot that it was only 10:00am too but that didn't matter one bit to any of us:
I was excited to meet up with Joel and his friends, who all ran as well. We stayed on Coney Island for a while relaxing before heading back to the city to gear up for our second celebration. We all met back up at Croxley for what began one of the most fun nights I've had in SO long:
Sweet Joel and his awesome friend, Balint, asked us to come out to Williamsburg for a BBQ at his friend's place and they couldn't have been warmer or more welcoming. Their apartment was stunning with a gorgeous outdoor patio and we spent hours there, literally. We apparently drank a lot of their wine, too:
Hahahahaha! All I know is we're FUN people, period. My abs were actually sore from laughing. THAT is a good feeling! ;)

On Sunday, Joel and I sat near the East River for a while before meeting up with Yogi. We all went to meet Balint and his buddies for the day and had another afternoon of nothing but laughter. It was honestly a close to perfect weekend and I felt incredibly blessed for so many reasons. It will go down as one of my top five favorite experiences in New York, definitely.

Now, if I can only get my mind out of vacation mode so I can focus at work before leaving for San Francisco. Two more days, weeeeeee!

No comments: