Search

Monday, August 15, 2011

New Balance Knows What They're Doing

So, I've already written about my exciting New Balance sponsorship but I haven't really given an update since then. Part of my sponsorship is to write weekly posts for active.com so I'm actually just taking what I wrote from there and sharing it here with you. It's from August 1st but better late than never, right?

I'm excited to introduce myself as one of fifteen people chosen to be a New Balance Digital Ambassador for the 2011 NYC marathon. I'm so thrilled about this opportunity and I'm really psyched to be part of an awesome online community through active.com. I'll be here to answer questions, offer tips, share my training journey and bond over all things running. This will be my first marathon and, being that I truly fell in love with running here in the Big Apple, it means even more that it's New York. What a spectacular race to be a part of and how cool that I get to represent a brand I've loved for years.

One of the most important parts of my sponsorship is to train for/run the marathon in the latest New Balance trainer, the 890 with REVlite. I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my shoes and finally got them yesterday. As I'm already a week into marathon training, I was looking forward to switching up my shoes and hitting the road this morning in my new kicks:
Can I just mention that I normally do not like black sneakers and I seriously love these...! Back to the point. As with any new shoe, it takes a bit to break them in so you can imagine my surprise when my legs felt awesome the entire run. I mean, holy light. These shoes felt like I had nothing on my feet yet I had full support, cushion and stabilization. I'd read all about how the shoe weighs only 9.7 ounces but I was honestly shocked at what great performance they delivered while being so light. I must admit I felt pretty spiffy too out on the road as I kept my eyes peeled for anyone else that might be in the 890's. Nobody caught my eye so I think that sense of pride added a little extra bounce to my step on this super hot day.

I'm very excited to keep you updated as my training journey continues. All I know is day one in my new shoes was great and New Balance sure knows what they're doing. I'm psyched to represent them and I intend to make them proud.

No comments: