Search

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lobsterfest 2011

It's embarrassing to be writing a post about 4th of July weekend a month late. However, it's a month to the day that I'm writing about. That ironic fact excuses things in my head. Also, I'm not sure I can even wrap my head around the fact that it's August but whatever.

For some reason, I have always loved 4th of July. I'm not really a patriotic person, I know hardly anyone in the military and I really have no ties in my family to it aside from my grandfather being a fighter pilot. I just love that it's a time where people come together with a common goal of celebrating freedom and the absolute gift that it is. We're more blessed than we could ever imagine and that underlying theme of the day makes me happy. This year is my first since living in New York that I've stayed in town for 4th of July. You can imagine how pumped I was when Suzanne suggested doing a lobster boil on the 2nd to celebrate. Sign me UP.

A couple of days before, Colleen and I went on the hunt for something fun to bring Suzanne and we decided on lobster bibs and towels from Crate and Barrel. They were so cute (and definitely came in handy)! Allison was in charge of making dessert, specifically her homemade brownies. Yum! When we got to Suzanne's, champagne was immediately opened and we proceeded to have the most hilarious and awesome night. The lobsters Suzanne had picked up were gigantic:
Color me excited. She'd done most of the prep work so we were able to visit a good bit before subjecting our lobster friends to their pot of death. Jeff put on amazing music, as usual, and we caught up on all our recent goings on. It pains my heart to think of it but Jeff and Suzanne will be moving to Chicago in the coming months so evenings like this are much more treasured than usual. I can't even talk about that so back to the lobsta. It was fun watching Suzanne do her thing:
Um, that is some plate of lobster:
Their home is really inviting and it's pretty magnificent to dine with a view of the city that's so neat:
Finally, it was time to dig in! I totally love this picture of Suzanne:
She'd also made a fabulous tomato salad and fresh corn but I'm ashamed to say that I got too full to eat any of it:
Actually, we all did. Jeff had even taken down two! Between the spectacular wine, bread and lobster, I just couldn't fit another bite in. Know what there is always room for, though? Wine. We all more than agreed on that.

We stayed until nearly 3am having the absolute best time. I can't even get into the hilarity so I will simply conclude by saying I'm not sure I have laughed that hard, maybe ever. I'll just leave you with this, Jeff: Congratulations, you're my new bitch.

1 comment:

Lori Givens said...

Looks simply divine and absolutely delicious!