Search

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Summit

Being fresh off my trip to Colorado, I can't seem to keep my head clear of I want to be back in the mountains thoughts. I had the most wonderful weekend and I won't soon forget how amazing it is out there. That's all for another post, though. I'm actually writing today because I read a devotion that ironically coincided with my mountainous thoughts and I thought it was just awesome:

The Summit

See not the small trials and vexations of each hour of the day; see the one purpose and plan to which all are leading. If in climbing a mountain you keep your eyes on each stony or difficult place as you ascend, seeing only that, how weary and profitless your climb.

But, if you think of each step as leading to the summit of achievement from which glories and beauties will be open out before you, then your climb will be so different.

Simple, yet profound, words. I couldn't agree more.

No comments: