Search

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh, To Be Young Again...

This post is completely dedicated to my beautiful niece, Elizabeth. Over the weekend, Allison and I were lucky enough to head upstate and be a part of her high school graduation party. She also just turned 18 so it was wonderful sorta celebrating both. My sister and brother-in-law had it catered and the weather held out for a nearly perfect afternoon!

I loved being a part of this special time for Ellie because graduation is really one of the only times in life, based on your circumstances, where you "officially" enter adulthood. It's like you're standing at the edge of an entirely new world and it's full of endless possibility. Of course these moments can happen at any age in life, but something about turning 18 and finishing high school is unmatched. I think at that age you really begin to grasp what true pride feels like and what it means to accomplish something great. Ellie is extremely smart, strong, and motivated. I've been so proud to watch her grow up and to see the woman she's becoming. I enjoyed meeting her friends over the weekend and seeing even more into her life, even if it made me feel OLD. Ha! Isn't she just beautiful (as is the whole family!):
Ellie will head off to SUNY Purchase in the fall and I'm incredibly excited for her. The whole world is at her fingertips and I know she'll accomplish anything in this world that she desires. I love her dearly and I'm one lucky aunt. :)   

No comments: