Search

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Everything"

As I was out running Monday night, I was listening to my ipod on shuffle vs. my running playlist. I don't usually do that because I've got so much old music on there and it's annoying to skip through. I've got such a crazy mix of bands on it too and I forget sometimes who all is on there, Lifehouse being one of them. (FYI, I really dig the lead singer's voice and have no shame in saying I enjoy them, pop band and all. :P)

Often, I use running as a time for prayer which probably sounds odd. There's just something about that time for me that's really personal. It's a time for me to be alone with my own thoughts and to be in a state of reflection, if you will. The other night, Lifehouse's 'Everything' came on and, though I've heard it a thousand times, something about the lyrics really struck me in that moment. It's safe to assume it's meant to be a love song, but I was so impacted by how deeply these lyrics could be used as a praise song. It was pretty great and I kept re-playing it, kind of as my own personal time of worship. I thought I'd share the lyrics:

Find me here
Speak to me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To a place
Where I find peace, again

You are the strength, that keeps me walking
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting
You are the life, to my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me, how could it be any better than this


You calm the storms, and you give me rest
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall
You still my heart, and you take my breath away
Would you take me in
Take me deeper now

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this

Cause you're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, everything

Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I'm a fan of Lifehouse, I have to say, HANDS DOWN the worst concert I've ever been to. I walked out of it. It was *that* bad.

I do love how sometimes listening to a song that you've listened to a hundred times strikes you the 101st time.

Anonymous said...

update yo! :-P