Search

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I've mentioned many times in this blog that tradition is so important to me. I love building and sustaining memories that will re-create themselves year after year. There's something so sweet about celebrating tradition and what comes along with that.

In 2008, Allison and I decided to be kids again and start a pumpkin carving tradition. We thought it would be fun to drink wine while using sharp knives, always a wise idea, and then I'd cook a pumpkin dish for dinner to tie it all together. We kept the tradition alive for three years. Although short-lived, it's so fun that we started that and hopefully we'll be back in the same city one day to start it up again. I loved looking back at my posts from 2009 and 2010, remembering just how much fun we had together.

Although I didn't carve this cute fella, I thought he was adorable and literally looks just like me in the 4th grade:
Wasn't I cute? I passed by this on someone's doorstep when I was out for a walk and loved it.

I'm thinking of and missing you, Allison. I hope all of you have a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments: