Search

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Orchid Show

I mentioned in my last post that it was very rainy over the weekend. Sunday was no exception. For a month or so, my girlfriends and I have had tickets to The Orchid Show at The Botanical Garden. I've never been there before so I was quite excited to finally check it out. Sadly, traveling into the Bronx in the pouring rain isn't the most fun. We got pretty wet but, when we finally got there, it was so worth it. Some of the flowers at this exhibit were amongst the most stunning (and strange!) I have ever seen. I was totally mesmerized as we walked through. I had to post a few examples that I fell in love with:


There were also a few that were just plain weird:


Weird but totally fascinating, all the same. My mom has a passion for flowers and gardening and spending the day there made me wish so much that she was with me. Us ladies had a lovely time together though and it was yet another perfect way to spend a rainy day. :)

No comments: