Search

Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Been A Good Week

I'm so excited that it's Friday! I've been beyond slammed at work this week but I really enjoy those kinda days. Before you know it, it's quittin' time and that's how each day has gone. Anyway, I've had a great week that started off with a pretty tremendous counseling session. Cori told me that she feels I'm at a place where I can take a little break from counseling. She said, with the work and effort I've put in, I've done extremely well and she feels that it's time for me to step out and begin really applying what I've 'learned' by myself. So, I'm not gonna go next week and we'll see how it is. I felt SO proud and just elated because I really have poured my energy and heart into this process. It's been incredibly painful and tough at times but the reward has far outweighed the risk. I was scared at first when she said that thinking can I really be ok if I take a break? but you begin to realize that even counseling sessions can become a crutch if you're not careful. There's only so much that you can discuss before it's time to believe in yourself, believe in the process, and step out in faith. I'm nervous feeling that anxiety and fear will come rushing back into my heart but I squash that pretty quickly, knowing full well that it will get me nowhere. So, I feel truly proud of myself and I'm excited to see how things go for me next week as I skip a session. :)

On a side note, this week in my Esther study has been awesome. Just thought I'd share that.

Last night was our work holiday party which was so lovely! We have a second office in Tarrytown (about 25 miles outside the city) which was the location for the party this year and it was so beautifully done. The decorations were amazing and it was so classy with how they did the catering/bar, etc. It was a "no spouse" event this year which was neat since it gave us all a chance to really mingle with the other office. Each year, John (the owner of our fund) pulls a name out of a hat and gives that person an allotted amount of money to give to the charity of their choice. The amount this year is the highest it's ever been...$100,000...and guess what? He chose my name! I about had a heart attack and almost fell out of my chair. I feel SO blessed and cannot wait to sit down and really think about where I want to allocate all the money. I am literally going to have a hand in changing peoples' lives and that feeling is incredibly overwhelming and joyful. I feel so honored and I feel like this is a chance to serve the lord in a mighty way that I could never ever do on my own. It's just awesome and a truly priceless blessing.

So, to say that my week has been good is a bit of an understatement. :) Praise god for the ways he works 'behind the scenes' in life. It's just so powerful. I'm so ready for a good weekend and a solid run on Sunday morning (I have my 10K race in the park!). Now, if the Giants can only pull off a big win, it'll round out a fantastic week for sure. Go Blue!

No comments: