Search

Monday, November 16, 2009

It's A New Day

Another weekend has quickly passed but happily not without laughter and fellowship. I had a wonderful time on Friday cooking, sipping wine and chatting with my girls. I honestly just cherish those evenings. It brings me joy whenever I'm able to cook for people and I seriously wish that was my job. I realllly need for Allison and I to get this personal chef business off the ground, hee hee. Anyway, it's been so long since I had chicken and dumplings so I enjoyed every bit of the dinner myself:
I'm proud to say that it was delicious. :) I had an awesome six mile run on Saturday and had a blast doing Sunday football ritual. I did meet Kristine for church before football but it was funny because neither one of us got anything out of the sermon for some reason...so, nothing big to report there, haha! Can't win 'em all though, right?

I also finished 'The Shack' over the weekend and just loved it. It's the most wonderful portrayal of the lord's presence in our lives and it conveys who he is in the most unexpected of ways. I felt a variety of emotions as I went through the story, each one sort of 'teaching' and reminding me that there is just so much to experience and absorb about god. We have the most limited viewpoint as humans of who he is and what he can do. It was refreshing to read a story that not only allows the imagination to run free but that conveys the most important of all things about god - love. Thanks for the recommendation, Erica! I'm passing it on to Allison to read next.

I worked more in Esther as well and we're beginning week three already! I absolutely love Beth Moore and I seriously wonder how I've never done a study of hers before. I forgot how great it is to get into the "meat" of scripture by way of a bible study like this. I'm enjoying it so much! I think it's exactly the right study for myself, Erica and Allison to be sharing together and god is sure to do some awesome work in the three of us as we go forward. Such a sweet blessing!

No comments: