Search

Friday, January 13, 2012

Holy Moly, It's A New Year!

Even though we're hitting mid January, it's still acceptable to say happy new year, right? I personally think it's acceptable to say so the entire first month of the new year but that's just me. It boggles my mind that it's already 2012. When I was home for Christmas, we were watching 'Back to the Future' and, since it came out in 1985, it seemed that "30 years into the future" seemed so very far away. Oh Doc, I wish I could go back in time and tell you how life edging toward 2015 has changed since your first DeLorean trip...

I've been asked by several people recently when a new blog post would be up. I feel so sad that there's been such a big lapse in my posts, particularly because I still have yet to do a marathon re-cap! I honestly thought that life would calm down after the marathon but it just got busier, especially with the holidays mixed in, so I haven't had the uninterrupted time I crave to devote to writing. I really hate that. One of my lesser resolutions this year is to make more time to write even when nothing particularly significant is happening.

I hope everyone had such a beautiful holiday season. Christmas is my very favorite time of year (Thanksgiving is a close second) and I usually feel so down when it's over. I suppose that's because I always go home for Christmas and often it's the only trip I make down south all year. I have warm, sweet memories of the holidays growing up and sometimes you never lose those childlike feelings, at least you hope not to. So, for me, January is often tough and I like to fill it with as many fun, silly things as possible so it helps ease me out of that funk.

On that note, I'm off to Denver tomorrow morning and couldn't be happier! I'll get back into the swing of things with writing just as soon as possible when I return. I truly do wish each of you a happy new year. Let's make 2012 the very best, yet!

No comments: