Search

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Could Save Your Life

Yep, that's right. I could potentially save a life one day because I'm officially CPR certified, hee hee.

My company offered a CPR/AED training class the other day and I decided to check it out. It was pretty interesting! I have to say, it was definitely a mixture of creepy and cool to practice on the mannequins. It felt very real doing compressions and that was a little unsettling, honestly. Call me stupid but one thing I didn't know about CPR was that you often break the person's ribs while doing it. Yeah, I guess I could have thought far enough into the pressure you're exerting but...I didn't. Also on that note, you'd think that would mean it would be a guarantee to break a child's ribs for sure but nope! Since their bones are still growing, they're actually a bit more bendable so there's less risk for breakage. Fun fact for a Thursday!

I surely hope I'm never in a position where CPR is needed, but it would be pretty awesome if I could potentially help save a life. Wow, because of work, I've become a notary and I'm CPR certified?! Man, the sky really is the limit. :P

No comments: