Search

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lazy Summer Sundays

I tell you what, I don't think there's anything better than lazy weekends in the summer. There's just a different feeling in the air when it's summer and even a different smell, especially back home in GA when aromas of fresh cut grass and grilled burgers drift by in the evening. I will forever smile thinking of pool days with Brant when we'd be outside from 10am til the sun went down, drinking beers, grilling out and eating his mom's delicious salsa that he still won't ever give me the recipe for. Don't worry, Brant...I'll get it out of you one of these days. The kid in me will treasure summer always and, I must admit, it's mighty nice spending it in Italy.

Trisha and I recently had a free Sunday afternoon and, given how tiring our schedule is, we really cherished it. We decided to take a ride to the store and see what fun summery things we could make to eat or drink. When we walked in, there was a basket of amazing looking pineapples and we both thought cocktails! We got some other fresh fruit and decided to make infused vodka and sit outside on her little balcony. When we got back to her apartment, we put on some music and got to chopping. You tell me if this isn't the most awesome pineapple, ever:
I assure you, it tasted just as wonderful. The mango and nectarine we cut up was fabulous, as well:
This is what I'm talkin' about:
We let it all sit in the freezer while we hung out and then John came over to enjoy the fruits of our labor, no pun intended:
You can probably tell that we have some fun together. :) It was such a perfect evening and we even got to see this amazing sunset:
I've been a little homesick recently and it's tough to be away from my friends and family during a season that just naturally lends itself to being together. Cookouts, live music, patio margaritas...so many things I love about summer and it's hard to be so far away from my "real" life with the friends I so enjoy doing these things with. I honestly just feel blessed that I've made good friends here who I feel are true and genuine. It eases the sad feelings a bit and that's a really good thing. 

At any rate, happy summer to everyone! I hope you're all doing something awesome with your summer weekends, too. :)

1 comment:

AnnieBlogs said...

LOVE reading about your adventures, Valerie! Hugs to you!